Seems like I’m getting popular. My blog has won the Sunshine Award for stellar comedic performance and the Liebster Award for being a big fibber (I’m not, despite what you might think).
Or you could just say I was tagged for having such an adorable personality (but don’t tell anyone). And all thanks to someone with an even more adorable personality, Jenna!
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back.
• List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
• Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs.
• Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
1. What song got you through a hard time?
Mariposa: Press On by Mandisa.
Aberdeen: Just Keep Sitting by Dory (Authorosaurus remix).
2. What’s your favorite thing to do with your bestie(s)?
Mariposa: Threaten to fire them.
Aberdeen: Sit on them.
Reader: Has no idea who Aberdeen’s and Mariposa’s bestie is.
3. How many pets would you like to have?
Mariposa: I already have a dinosaur, which is plenty.
Aberdeen: No, she doesn’t. I’m an assistant, not a pet.
4. What’s a big goal for your blog?
Mariposa: Kick Aberdeen off it.
Aberdeen: Kick Mariposa off of it.
5. What’s your favorite color and why?
Mariposa: Teal and coral because they remind me of the ocean.
Aberdeen: Green and teal because they go with my skin tone.
6. What time of day do you feel most creative?
Mariposa: Whenever Aberdeen isn’t around.
Aberdeen: Whenever Mariposa isn’t hiding from me.
7. Favorite coffee drink?
Mariposa & Aberdeen: Nonexistent.
8. Favorite quote?
Mariposa: “A children’s story which is enjoyed only by children is a bad children’s story.”
Aberdeen: “Always be yourself, unless you’re Aberdeen, then always be Aberdeen.”
9. What does your dream bedroom look like?
Mariposa: A tropical hideaway filled with books, hibiscus, and windows that view the ocean.
Aberdeen: A bed big enough to fit me (including my tail!), right next to a small bed for my boss lady.
10. What would your ideal/dream summer be?
Mariposa: Spending time by the beach reading or writing, and hanging out with family and friends.
Aberdeen: sitting by a pool everyday, munching on books and sipping on iced ink.
11. Favorite way to relax?
Aberdeen: Chasing Mariposa on the bicycle.
Rules for the Liebster Award!
• Thank the blogger who nominated you. Thanks again, Jenna!
• Display your award.
• Answer the questions you were asked.
• Nominate 5 bloggers.
• Ask 6 new questions.
• Let your nominees know they were nominated.
1. What’s your favorite thing about your blog?
Mariposa: I love drawing people Aberdeen style and fictionalizing events through Aberdeen’s eyes.
Aberdeen: Portraying events accurately and reporting facts.
2. Who inspired you to start a blog?
3. What do you want to accomplish with your blog?
Mariposa: I want bring a smile to people’s faces while encouraging them to be better writers.
Aberdeen: To get people to like me so they’ll like Mariposa so they’ll buy her books so she’ll make money and actually be able to pay me.
4. What’s your favorite way to gain inspiration?
Mariposa: Listening to movie soundtracks.
Aberdeen: Tossing some dynamite into Mariposa’s office to see what happens.
5. Are you #teampancakes or #teamwaffles?
Mariposa: #teammickeywaffles (it’s a Disney thing, you wouldn’t understand).
Aberdeen: #teambooffles (books + waffles. I dare you to say it without laughing).
6. What’s your mission with your writing?
Mariposa: Igniting people’s imagination and warming their hearts by using silliness and seriousness.
Aberdeen: To tell people that they’re stupid and that they need to straighten up before I sit on them.
Questions for awards:
1. What is your mood today?
2. Do you prefer dinosaurs or dragons?
3. How many blogs do you read/follow?
4. Roughly, how many books do you own (caution: answer question at your own discretion. A certain dinosaur may come and eat those books if you reveal your answer)?
5. What would you do if Aberdeen were your assistant?
6. Are you a pantser or plotter?
7. If you could be anyone besides yourself, who would you want to be and why?
8. If you were stuck in an empty room for 24 hours, what would you do?
9. What are five words that describe your personality?
10. What is one food you can’t stand?
11. What do you predict you’ll be doing in ten years?
Nominating some awesome bloggers:
You may chose whichever award you like, though if you decide to do the Liebster Award you’ll only need to answer six of the eleven questions.