The past 360 days have been amazing—I can hardly believe I’ve been writing on this digsite and annoying you all for almost a whole year now! Seems like just yesterday I started reporting Mariposa’s unethical writing habits and giving you bad advice. Through it all, Mariposa and I have:
1. Written over fifty thousand useful words on Dino’s Digest (I won’t bother to count all the useless ones).
2. Redesigned our blog and changed my appearance (here’s how Mariposa used to draw me—pathetic isn’t it?).
3. Started our Storytelling According to Pixar series.
4. Participated in six blogger tags (and counting).
I can’t wait to see what the next year of blogging will bring! And Mariposa can’t wait to see how many more people will be dumb enough to follow my blog (nevertheless, we appreciate their stupidity). In honor of the upcoming anniversary of our digsite, we have some festivities planned for you, including:
- The story of how me and Mariposa met.
- An epic giveaway with a chance to win a copy of a book Mariposa illustrated (plus more goodies), which I nearly ate.
- An exclusive new blogger tag designed to help writers find the perfect assistant.
- An IG challenge celebrating the joys and pains of a writer’s life. Every day from June 1st-30th I will post a memory of Mariposa and me together on our Instagram account. Everyone is welcome to join us in the challenge and post about their memories as a writer! Everyone is also welcome to not participate in this challenge if they feel particularly cantankerous and haven’t joined Instagram yet.
- And, of course, your usual dose of dinosaur randomness and wit.
Everyone is invited to join in the party all June long, and every time you comment on a post I will give you a FREE piece of book cake with paper-flavored ice cream (an Authorosaurus specialty)!*
*Due to unforeseen circumstances, such as Aberdeen being a glutton and eating all the cake, you may not receive this treat.