Happy Day-After-Christmas! Did you have a nice Christmas? I spent most of yesterday eating my presents and now I only have two lonely books left! Normally I would be sad, but an unusually wonderful honor has helped cheer me up.
You see, my digsite is so awesome I received an award! Yeah, I can hear you all half-heartedly clapping because you know I’m not quite that awesome and that I am probably going to negate my previous statement in the next paragraph.
And you’re right. Because this award is really just another blogger tag in disguise. But it’s still an honor nonetheless and I gladly thank Juliasaurus for tagging me! I mean, sure, I have been tagged two times already, but nobody can ever have enough blogger tags. Besides, I didn’t have a blogpost idea for this week and this was convenient, so…
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you for the award.
2. Answer the questions they gave you.
3. Give 11 fun facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award and give them 11 questions to answer.
And here are the 11 questions I have hereby been compelled to answer for myself and Mariposa (because she just can’t keep her nose out of my tags):
1. What is your favorite music group?
Me: The T. Wrecks.
Mariposa: Jamie Grace, Britt Nicole, and Mandisa—I am aware these are music individuals and not groups—but what can I say? She has introverted music choices, apparently.
2. What is your greatest vice about blogging or the blogosphere?
Me: Sometimes I gobble up the comments on my blog so fast I forget what the person wrote and I don’t know how to respond to something I don’t remember…
Mariposa: She doesn’t blog anymore, or at least that’s what she’s trying to make everyone believe.
3. What do you love about blogging or the blogosphere?
Me: I can snoop into other people’s lives and laugh at their stupidity or lack of grammar.
Mariposa: She can share about her averagely boring life through the averagely interesting life of a dinosaur and make her boring life seem more interesting.
4. What is a passage of Scripture that has meant a lot to you in a moment of struggle or joy? Or if you haven’t experienced that yet, what is your favorite passage of Scripture?
Me: “Behold now, Behemoth, which I made as well as you; he eats grass like an ox. Behold now, his strength is in his loins and his power in the muscles of his belly. He bends his tail like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together. His bones are tubes of bronze; his limbs are like bars of iron. He is the first of the ways of God” (Job 40:15-19). This passage is believed to be describing a dinosaur, and if that’s true, it means I am first in God’s ways and you should listen to me.
Mariposa: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
5. What would be your dream terrain to live in? (Mountains, beach, desert, etc.)
Me: The desert, because it’s deserted and I can introvert without interruption.
Mariposa: Right on the beach—except for during hurricane season.
6. What is your favorite season and why?
Me: I like spring because summer comes after it, and I like summer because fall comes after it, and I like fall because winter comes after it, and the whole cycle repeats.
Mariposa: Summer and winter (she’s very paradoxical). Because summer is when flowers are in full bloom, and winter because all the buggies and insects get killed (and of course because there’s Christmas—but mainly she just likes that the bugs be dead).
7. What is your favorite book and why?
Me: Anything my boss lady writes is my favorite—unless it’s bad, then it’s my favorite garbage.
Mariposa: The Bible because her Father is the author.
8. What is one country you dream of visiting?
Me: Authorstralia (it’s like Australia, but bigger and in the shape of a book).
Mariposa: America, because she’s never gotten the chance to visit it, only live in it.
9. What is your favorite activity to do with your family?
Me: Reading, eating, watching, sitting, laying, wounding each other, staring, blinking, insulting the human race, singing, doing nothing, stomping, breaking chairs, and squashing people.
Mariposa: Playing games, four-wheeling, watching retro TV shows, and tiptoeing around the house so she can come up behind her family and make them scream.
10. If you could choose between the weather being eternally rainy but the perfect temperature, or the weather being eternally sunny and cheery but unbearably hot (or unbearably cold, whichever is the opposite of your preference), which would you choose?
Me: Rain—I don’t mind it being hot so much, but unbearably cold would make me unbearably dead.
Mariposa: Rain—gives her an excuse to stay home and write.
11. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
Mariposa: A dinosaur. (What? Pretend you never read that. Dinosaurs are assistants, chewers, shredders, paper eaters, and assassins, but not pets.)
Now for eleven fun facts about myself:
1. I have one brother, one mother, and one father I love, and sixty relatives I don’t like.
2. I use complete grammar, even when I’m texting. I’m not sure why autocorrect doesn’t.
3. I have 84 teal spots (I got them from staying in the shade too long).
4. I know how to swim, but my arms don’t.
5. I’ve never eaten a person in my life.
6. I don’t snore when I’m awake.
8. I can’t count.
9. Despite popular opinion, I do have a brain.
10. I suffer from long-term writer’s block.
11. I have difficulties coming up with facts about myself.
Now for eleven fun (but not as fun as mine) facts about my boss lady, Mariposa:
1. She has a burning hatred of all things mint, watermelon, or coffee flavored.
2. Someone once asked for her autograph (and no, it wasn’t me).
3. People often insult her with the number twelve for an age due to the shrunkeness of her stature.
4. She’s a germaphobic, which means she likes going around and disinfecting doorknobs.
5. She’s an INFJ.
6. She’s an expert at making people not hear her.
7. She enjoys baking and posting pictures of the goodies she makes on social media so she can watch people drool.
8. She doesn’t like color, she loves it.
9. She’s double-jointed and can sit in ways her family thinks is insane.
10. She once received a personally signed letter from John MacArthur.
11. She can’t scream.
Now, this award is such a great honor that I can’t keep it to myself, and I gladly share this trophy with:
If any of you do not wish to be awarded, I shall respectfully unaward you and glare at you from the sidelines. Here are the eleven questions I choose to torture you with:
1. What tune would you hate to get stuck in your head (yes, you’re welcome for getting it stuck in your head now)?
2. If you were a dinosaur, what species would you be and why?
3. What is your favorite book in a genre you don’t normally read?
4. What is the first thing you saw this morning?
5. If you could make up a dinosaur species, what would it be called and what would it look like?
6. If you could have a pen that looked like anything you wanted, what would you pick?
7. What fictional character depicts your current mood right now?
8. What is the most ridiculous pen name that fits your personality?
9. What is the funniest text you’ve received/written?
10. If a dinosaur was roaming around your yard, what would you do?
11. Would you rather only be able to write one magnificent book every ten years, or one mediocre book every year?
Anyone who doesn’t have a blog is perfectly welcome to answer these questions in the comments.